Clash of Clans - Lager & Ale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan, let's keep it together

+3
lcarston
Kirkules
Trake
7 posters

Go down

Clan, let's keep it together Empty Clan, let's keep it together

Post by Trake Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:24 pm

I am worried the next war will be the last for the clan as it stands. There is too much division between the people who want to War, and be successful at it, and those who aren't very concerned with it, don't like competition, aren't willing or able to put the time in. For some of us, myself included, the War aspect of the game is the game. Before the War the only reason I still played was the Clan, I have good friends in it and and have met some great people, it was a chat room with a bit of gaming, that quite frankly isn't very challenging. Now with War there is actually a game here, a challenge on a whole new level, a team challenge. However without the team there is no win.

When we have been losing we seem to blame the people not showing up, and rightly so, we have 24 hours to attack, shouldn't be so hard. However multiple attacks on the same target is really what is killing us. Wasted attacks, people obviously not watching replays and adapting, going in with troops not suited to the camp and just plain shitty attacks. Not everyone in the clan is a strong fighter, and that is ok. I think we have been putting too much emphasis on individual success, that everyone needs to star. Can we change this and have the people who are not as competative, driven to learn and improve or not as interested in war, do proper scouting runs so it is faster for others to get to 3 stars? If the stronger fighters in the middle and bottom of the clan know whats in the cc, as well as what the trap placement is around the entire perimeter, a good strategy can be put in place to 3 star on the second attack. I realize it isn't sexy to scout but at least it is of more value to the team than watching troops get chewed up. This does require people to actually watch the replay and formulate a plan, which the majority of us seem to do already. We limit the multiples we gain more star potential, even if half our targets have scouting runs on them, then if a handful of people dont attack it wont cost us a war as often.

If this can take some of the pressure off people, get us working more as a TEAM, I think the clan would be stronger, instead of becoming fractured and have more strong players leave to a more successful clan. I would like to have input from everybody on this, if you think it is viable, if you are willing to scout or would rather move on to a less competative clan. Scouting now does not mean you do it forever, as we all get stronger the requirement to scout reduces, and the scouts learn to attack successfully and we become a formidable clan. All i know is we need to change something, it cannot continue like it has been, this is the best i can come up with. Tell me if I'm out lunch or if we can make this work.

Sorry I am not eloquent, I punctuate badly, and have shitty grammar. Dammit Jim I'm a machine operator, not an English major!

Trake

Back to top Go down

Clan, let's keep it together Empty Re: Clan, let's keep it together

Post by Kirkules Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:33 pm

I'm up for the scouting for the next while. I got ZERO stars last war and scouting would have far more suited me in my level.

Kirkules

Back to top Go down

Post by lcarston Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:43 pm

I am up for either or, I know I am still learning and sometimes make mistakes, but I learn something new each time. Attack strategy is a weak point of mine, but lots of people in our clan are a big help with that. Trake and Nate were a huge help with stategy in my second attack, unfortunately I wasn't clear on how to draw out their cc and only ended up with 40%. I know how to draw them out now... Kirk had already tried that guy and the replay was a huge help too. The forum is great in my opinion and the clan mail to let us know that something new is posted is also helpful I will continue to read the forum, at war time especially, and I will follow whatever plan of attack is best for the clan for each war.

lcarston

Back to top Go down

Post by zGrubermeister Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:54 pm

Good post Trake. I'll be making a follow up post when I'm actually on a computer tomorrow about the seriousness of all of this. This should be a fun game, at all costs. This is obviously my opinion but if my opinion is against the general consensus then maybe I  need to rethink my involvement. Until tomorrow, mates.

zGrubermeister

Back to top Go down

Post by sir bean Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:23 am

Im with you trake. I think for myself it would be a great idea to attack my first one for stars and hit one higher on my second go round for scouting.

sir bean

Back to top Go down

Post by kat261 Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:11 pm

Am a little confused about what you are asking here but bear with me. I am personally very ashamed of my war performance (only 2 stars so far). This last time I was much more careful to watch replays, find out what was in the cc and deal with it appropriately. Also asked for advice prior to attacking and was in general much more cautious. Would like to stay in the clan and keep improving. Very willing to take direction and listen to advice from senior members.

kat261

Back to top Go down

Post by luxlucis Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:34 pm

What is being said is that those not comfortable with attacking can still be of great asset to the clan by scouting for the people who feel more comfortable attacking. By releasing a hoard of barbarians all around the enemy fortress it allows others to watch the replay and see where teslas, bombs, etc are and also shows what is in the enemy clan castle so that those wishing to attack are more prepared going in thus allowing for a higher rate of success. No one is saying that you need to do this but simply that you can if you still wish to remain in the clan and are not comfortable with attacking yet.

luxlucis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum