Clash of Clans - Lager & Ale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our basic strategy for war

3 posters

Go down

Our basic strategy for war Empty Our basic strategy for war

Post by Trake Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:01 pm

After going through the log from the last war what really jumped out at me was our repeat attacks on the same target. The guy who was third from the BOTTOM was hit 5 times before he was 3 starred. That should never happen to a target that low. He wasn't the only one to repel multiple attacks..

Meggie and I talked at length about what we can do as a clan to tighten up, and the biggest thing is to start playing like a team, rather than a bunch of single random attacks. The math on war is simple, you 3 star the bottom 30 and you get 90 points, which is more that anyone has gained on us. No need to touch the top 10 in the enemy clan unless we are running away with it and the higher lvl guys want to challenge themselves. All we need from everyone is to go for a minimum 2 stars between your 2 attacks. Yes shit happens and sometimes you only get 1 but a 0/0 stat line is ridiculous and inexcusable.

An ideal situation would be for us to attack in teams, the first one goes in and takes their best shot, trying for a 3 star but if it's not looking good the main goal would be exposing traps, trying to get as much info as possible. The second attacker then watches the replay, along with anyone else in the clan who is on and able, and devises a strategy to beat the camp. When you know the cc troops, most trap locations, weaknesses, a 2-3 star hit on the second attack should not only be possible but easy, and if a 3rd attack is needed for the 3 star then so be it. It is not always possible to "team up" and if it isn't then look for a village with a replay you can watch and take out, just make sure no one is actively planning an attack on it, yes, please read the chat before attacking.

The guys at the top of our clan should be looking a more difficult target in the middle of their clan, one they can 3 star for sure, then we put that in the bank. If possible hold your second attack back for the second day so if we need the points we take another 3 star gimme, or if not then we take a shot at a higher target for better loot. The loot will ALWAYS be better from a win so don't hit their top 10 right away, play for the win!

Megg and I can guarantee a 6 star war if we need it, so mistakes can be covered, not not too many.

War is expensive for the guys at the top of the clan. Loading up cc troops and trying to give everyone good war troops to raid with ain't free. This was one of the main reasons we lost a top guy, he was tired of spending so much elixr to see no return. Megg and I are more than happy to do it, but it would be nice to see more progress.

More input, advise, tips, are appreciated, let's get a discusion going on this and win the next War fer fucks sake!

Trake

Back to top Go down

Our basic strategy for war Empty Re: Our basic strategy for war

Post by Polar Vortex Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:30 pm

Great plan, Meggie and Trake. completely agree with the strategy. I guess the thing that should be discussed now is execution. First, I think we need to require all members of our clan to join and read this forum page. Otherwise, it's impossible to communicate advanced or even basic strategy to our grunt men (and women).

Second, I think it would be helpful to have a flow chart of who knows who in real life so we can make a semi-chain of command within the clan so that specific info can get in the hands of everyone outside of just this forum and our chat window. For instance, I try to direct specific instructions to all those here in Korea via text/phone/personal convo and when I do so, they succeed almost every time. I'll start a new discussion topic to try and see who knows who and how that can help us.

Lastly, I think as a general rule every clan member should try and review every single war attack we all do. Through this, not only will we learn new strategies and weaknesses in our attack plans, but we can help keep each other accountable for mindful game plans and execution of those plans. This is a democracy, so we won't boot willy-nilly, but we are a war clan now and must hold standards.

My $.02.
-Polar

Polar Vortex

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer bandit Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:19 am

I agree with both above posts...

Beer bandit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content